Which addressing mode requires the
operand address to be generated when the
instruction is being prepared for execution?
1. Indexed operand
In relative addressing, what two items must
be added together to obtain the correct
instruction or operand address?
1. Base address and offset
2. Base address and memory register
3. Offset and index register
4. Memory word and memory register
Instruction sizes vary among types and
generations of computers. They include
which of the following sizes?
1. Character and full-word only
2. Full-word and half-word only
3. Full-word and double-length word
o n ly
4. Character, half-word, full-word,
double-length word, and multiple
Microcomputers commonly use
instructions of what word lengths?
3 . F u ll
Man-machine interfaces have at least data
entry and data display capabilities.
The data entry function of a man-machine
interface is used to enter commands or set
parameters for which of the following
1. Test activities only
2. Computer operations only
3. Status and computer operations only
4. Computer operations, status, and test
When a computer is continually executing
instructions one after another as directed by
its logic circuits and software, it is in what
When you want to put the computer in the
stop mode, which of the following methods
can you use?
1. Manual action using STOP
2. Program control using a STOP
3. Both 1 and 2 above
4. Timing clock circuits
What mode of operation enables a
technician to test the contents of registers
and memory locations at the end of each