Textbook Assignment: Computer Components and Circuits, chapter 4continued, pages 4-24 through
4-3 1; Central Processing Units and Buses, chapter 5, pages 5-1 through 5-10.
Which of the following are the types of
data elements that can be processed by a
1. Bits and bytes only
2. Bytes and single words only
3. Bits, bytes, and single words only
4. Nibbles, words, double words, bytes,
What data element is normally the same
size as the computers registers?
4. Double word
What is the purpose of a computers power
To supply dc voltage
To convert ac voltage from a source to
useable dc voltage(s)
To convert dc voltage(s) from a
source to a useable ac voltage(s)
To supply ac voltage
Characteristics of a power supply include
all of the following except which one?
1. Provide precision voltages
2. Protect the computer from serious
d a m a g e
3. Supply regulated ac voltages
4. Sense irregular inputs and outputs
What are the major sections of a computers
1. Amplifier, rectifier, filter, and
2. Transformer, generator, filter, and
3. Transformer, rectifier, filter, and
4. Transformer, rectifier, filter, and
The computer can only handle one
specified input voltage and frequency.
1 . T r ue
Aboard ship, distribution of computer input
power is via which of the following means?
1. Outlets only
2. Load centers only
3. Power panels only
4. Outlets, load centers, and power
Mainframe and minicomputers aboard ship
and ashore are preset to only receive the
specific input line voltage needed.
1 . T r ue