In cooling systems, what four methods of
cooling are used?
1. Convection, forced air, air-to-air, and
2. Forced air, air-to-air, microwaved, and
3. Air-to-liquid, air-to-air, microwaved,
and forced air
4. Air-to-air, forced air, external
fan-blown, and convection
What type of operator control is used to
alter the speed of an internal computer
clock or vary the intensity of indicators?
1. Thumbwheel switch
To provide status information to the
computer operator, which of the following
devices may be used?
1. Dot matrix display only
2. Light-emitting diodes only
3. Dot matrix display and light-emitting
d i o d e s
4. Mouse devices
What is the simplest way to show the status
of an operation or the selection of an item?
1. Send a message to a printer
2. Send a message to disk
3. Turn on a light
4. Sound an alarm
All of the following are types of indicators
except which one?
Protective devices can serve as controls.
1 . T r u e
To protect from accidental activation of
selected keys and switches, what device is
used with selected keys and switches?
3. Circuit breaker
4. Light-emitting diode
Switches have which of the following
1. To activate a function
2. To turn a unit on/off
3. To set a parameter
4. Each of the above
A key switch you depress to activate a
function and depress again to deactivate the
function is called a/an
1. momentary-action key switch
2. alternate-action key switch
3. three-position key switch
4. on/off key switch
A key that repeats the fiction
continuously while being held down is
which of the following types of keys?
1. Momentary-action key
2. Alternate-action key
3. Toggle key
4. On/off key