Textbook Assignment: Fundamentals and Operations of Computers, chapter 1, pages 1-1 through 1-17;
Computer Configurations and Hardware, chapter 2, pages 2-1 through 2-12.
All computers have which of the following
components in common?
1. Modem, memory, and floppy drives
2. Math coprocessor, microchips, and
central processing unit
3. Central processing unit, memory, and
4. Analog processing unit, input/ output
section, and microchips
The amount of computing power a
computer has is determined by which of the
1. Physical size
2. Size of drives
3. Number of drives
4. Technology used
All computers must be capable of which of
the following functions?
1. Processing and storing data
2. Retaining data on compact disks
3. Interfacing with mainframe com-
4. Interfacing with desktop publishing
Computers can gather data by which of the
1. Manually only
2. Automatically only
3. Both manually and automatically
4. Local-area networks
A computer automatically gathers data by
which of the following means?
1. From another system, subsystem, or
2. From specific software
3. By a local terminal user
4. By a remote terminal user
Which of the following tasks is the main
purpose of a computer?
1. Storing data
2. Gathering data
3. Processing data
4. Disseminating data
Computers can externally store data on
which of the following types of media?
1. Magnetic disks only
2. Magnetic tape only
3. Paper tape only
4. Magnetic disks, magnetic tape, and
Computers can disseminate data to which
of the following types of equipment?
1. A display subsystem only
2. A magnetic tape or disk unit only
3. A printer only
4. A display subsystem, magnetic tape or
disk unit, and a printer