Table 3-3.Data Elements of the APL, Section B
(1) Unit. The Unit Number assigned by the manufacturer. (Part
of the CSN).
(2) CSN Circuit Symbol Number which is obtained from the equipment
technical manual or drawings. (Also known as the Reference Symbol
Number.) When APLs are in Part Number sequence, the Part Number
will appear in this space.
(3) Notes For Codes and Definitions see Appendix (C).
(4) FSCM-REF#/ ACN/NIIN The FSCM and reference number, ACN
or NIIN which applies to this CSN.
(5) SMR Source and Maintenance Recoverability Code which applies
to this application. (see Appendix C for definition).
(6) APPL Number of applications with the same CSN.
(7) ADD An addendum indicator showing how this item was affected
by cumulative addenda issued by SPCC. for this APL, (i.e., A = Added,
D = Deleted, C = Changed, F = NIIN update, * = this item is appearing
for the first time in this addendum. When the APL is revised, no
addendum indicators appear.
(8) Nomenclature. The equipment for which the APL is prepared.
(9) APL Number. The equipment/component identification number.
HOW TO USE SECTION B
Determine the NIIN (FIIN) ACN or Part Number from Section B, referring
to the Reference Symbol Number on Part II, Section A or C (which
ever is applicable). The Reference Symbol Number is crossed to the
stock number column which will reflect the latest NSN or ACN. Refer
to the applicable section of the COSAL Part III to determine if the
item is allowed.
Refer to Figure 3-4.
sections contain information such as stock number, item
name, identification of the equipment in or on which the
item is intended for use, and specific supply
PART III, SECTION E-GENERAL USE
CONSUMABLES LIST (GUCL). The GUCL
identifies consumables used for general purposes in the
routine maintenance and administration of the ship. The
items listed in the GUCL are in addition to materials
listed in other parts of the ships COSAL. The GUCL is
published by the Fleet Material Support Office (FMSO),
but only for new construction, major conversion, or
reactivated units. Normally, it will not be published with
or for COSALs resulting from ship overhaul or
The GUCL contains basic information, such as
nomenclature, NSN, unit of issue, weight, and price for
both hazardous and nonhazardous materials kept or used
in operating spaces and store rooms.
PART III, SECTION F-FORMS AND PUBLI-
CATIONS. Section F identifies the various forms and
publications the ship needs to conduct normal business
and provides information on how to obtain them.